Saturday, February 10, 2018

A new beginning


Wow, it has been a while since last time I post.  Life, but it had been beautiful thought, nothing to complain about!  I am still a big fan of tennis, always was, always will be!  A lot happen since 2011, new players coming in, others retired, and some others just keep getting better and better, like, Angelique Kerber1  Let’s be honest thought, 2017 has been difficult after a dreamy 2016 for the German, but I do believe that she is back and that she has still great tennis to play. As she mentioned herself, her heart is back on the court.    



Serena finally surpassed Steffi Graf with 23 grand slam titles and I am pretty much guessing that after giving birth to her first child last September, she will work really hard to pass Margaret Court who still hold the record of 24. Her return is set for March. I never really like Serena, but it is true that she is an unbelievable tennis player and no one can take that away from her.

Wozniacki finally grabbed a Slam, but I am not sure she’ll get another one, but she sure deserved this.  Halep is still running after her first, but I think there is always gonna be someone to stop her! 

I could go on and on telling about who won, who didn’t, but I am sure I’ll have many other occasions in the near future to mention historic facts of the tennis world.

I have to mention thought, based on who I was cheering for when i stopped writing, that Sam Stosur won the US open in 2011, but she was never quite the same after it.  Flavia Pennetta won the US open in 2015, in a very opened draw, but she retired right after it. Jelena Jankovic remains one of the few former #1 without a slam.

This week, the ladies are in Doha!

No comments:

Post a Comment