Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Angelique begins...

I apologize for being casual, I don’t know Angie personally but I wish I was, but I have been a fan for longer than a day.

She was facing Samantha Stosur and the match was pretty much going one way; her way.  There was no superb play today, but a few great foreheads down the line from Kerber who was able to get a point when she needed it. 59 minutes 6-4, 6-1.  I am not sure I like Angie's demeanour on court, either she was into her game, but I felt her a little bit negative at times.  Not you?   She will get Konta next who got the best of Suarez Navarro. It is predicted to be an interesting matchup by the experts, bets are Kerber in 3.  To me, it depends on Angie's state of mind,  if she is all there, there won’t be much Konta will be able to do to stop her.  It remains a good test that I hope she'll pass.





There were a few surprises, somehow!  Ostapenko lost to Buzarnescu, but her peak was in France last year, and that is the only peak she’s gonna get, her game isn't matching the current top 10.  Keys lost to promising qualifier Bellis and  Mladenovic to Blinkova: i had to blink a couple of times  to acknowledge the result.  After all, it is Garcia who has the momentum as she keeps on winning.  Yesterday, Niculescu defeated Sharapova so no meeting will happen with the Dane, the number one in the world also won as well as all the other seeded players.

Let’s mentioned thought the super fight between Kvitova and Radwanska, and Petra had proven to be back winning this 3 setters match, and Julia Goerges is in a good way to proving that she indeed may have a place in the top 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment