Thursday, May 17, 2018

Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Angie def. Sakkari 6-1, 6-1

Do you think the Greek was a little shaken of the way her match against Pliskova ended yesterday? I don't know, but I've seen her reaction and she was really surprised to see her opponent smashed her raquet against the empire chair chair.

One thing for sure, Angie didn't had the same opposition she had against Begu, but she was also playing better, which allow the her to explode more than once on her forehand side with many winners.  She kept her game clean, and even thought she did some unforced errors here and there, Sakarri wasn't just taking advantage of this few little point Angie was given her.  And even if she was trying, Angie was always closing the door.

Angie moved on the her first quarter final in Rome since 2012 to face her #1 nemesis of lately, Elina Svitolina.  Svitolina has a 7-5 record against Angie, having won the last 5 encounters between them. My little finger says, average favor Angie.  However, the key to the match for our favorite is to start strong, be consistant and stay intense and keep believing no matter what!  With a game plan she well established this week, it is going to be a very insteresting match for sure and it won't be a gimme for either of the player, could go either way. Her forehand and speed is a high avantage in this match, and it will be very important for Angie to serve well.

Angie shouldn't have additional pressure as she is just trying to do her best following a break due to a tight injury and Svitolina certainly want to go a step further as she is the defending champ. 

“Today I was really feeling better and better - I wouldn’t say great, but better and better,” Kerber said afterwards. “I feel like I know what to do on court, I know how to play.

“I think in the end you have to know how to make the right decisions on clay especially, to have patience and go for it when you have the chance. It’s a much bigger game mentally.”

“I’m here to play lots of matches, good ones, and especially today I think I was playing really good from the beginning,” Kerber said. “That’s why I decided to come here to play as many matches as I can play here.

“I have another one tomorrow, I hope it goes well like this one.”




Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber


Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Angelique Kerber












No comments:

Post a Comment